Friday, February 6, 2009

Contentment in Life!!!!

Every one in this world is definitely a goal oriented person.... We always set our eye on a goal and strive hard for self improvement....Once we have achieved a goal, we start looking for another.....If we, the human race were content and we were happy with what we had, we wouldn't have been what we actually are today.... I mean we wouldn't have enjoyed any of the comforts that we have today....But we often read that contentment in life is really essential for a man to be happy.... being content with what we have and who we already are decides if a man is a happy person or not.....

So isn’t that a contradiction with the very human race being ambitious? Doesn’t that seem to indicate that we are not content with our lives? I had all those questions in my mind until I read an article and that goes as follows....

"we need to accept that we are a type of person who will always be striving for a goal, the type of person who enjoys a challenge, and who enjoys the journey. It’s not the goal that matters to us....it’s the journey to get there that is so important. And we are content with being in that journey....."

So contentment isn’t a matter with being content with our situation in life and never trying to improve it. It’s a matter of being content with what we have but realizing that as humans, we will always try to improve, no matter how happy we are. If we don’t, we have given up on life.....but on the other side we shouldn't be devastated when we couldn't make it to our destination and try harder to reach them.....after all that's the essence of being CONTENT......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awsome.. even i had this same thaught.. masth rasav.. keep writing..

Anonymous said...

That's such a lovely thought; and it is so much the reality. I have myself experienced contentment on those days when I know I have worked on something and had a fruitful day with some progress in work.. But on other occasions when I know I haven't worked towards my goal, I feel my day was so incomplete and I don't feel content..

Keep writing! :)